Are you one of those who are struggling to get attention on Instagram, even after having the prefect post strategy?
Then your timing is wrong.
Instagram falls in the list of popular social media websites, and with over millions of followers visiting the app every day it is a perfect platform to showcase your products and services. If you are among those users who are updating regularly and unable to get enough users then there is a mistake in your timing.
Some users know very well when users on Instagram are active because they know the best time to post on Instagram. This is where your post has chances to get more traction compared to blinding posting without knowing when it is time to post on Instagram.
Here we are going to solve this issue, you can read about the best Instagram posting time, which means the time when users are highly active on the social media platform. This maximizes the chances of getting comments, likes, and shares. So why not focus on reaching more and more users in less time instead of waiting for time.
The Instagram algorithm favors posts with high engagement rates more compared to a post where users do not react at all. High engagement rates mean your post can fall in the trending list anytime. There are multiple benefits of this, first, your post reaches more new users and you get free followers for your account. So, if you are the best time to post on Instagram, then you are on the right track.
It will be a lot more for you to predict that you can get around 200 like or higher if your users can exactly see you when they are active. And this method works flawlessly because different regions are divided into different time zones. So finding the best Instagram posting time will act in the right direction to plan your Instagram posting and getting more new followers for free.
What is the best time to post on Instagram?
Getting directly to the point, Instagram is a global hit, with over millions of users active every day there is no limit to the amount of audience you can reach. But similar to many users on Instagram, a lot of them do not know when exactly to post to get likes. One of the key aspects is compelling content and the second important part is to post it at the right time. A lot of users are never going to see what you had posted.
The big question is when to post? Which is the best Instagram posting time?
The simple answer to this question is the best time to post on Instagram is when you get max audience engagement. If you are not having enough resources to create top quality posts regularly, and there is a limitation of content then you have to focus only on the best time to post on Instagram.
Leave all other things aside, when you start getting engagement, study the insights well. With this, you will have a deeper knowledge of your follower’s behavior. To build an audience it is necessary to reach them first, and on the time when they are active otherwise there is no use of working hard.
The best Instagram posting time is between 2 PM to 3 PM CDT. The noontime usually after lunch is the spike time when many users hit their phone to check out what is going on Instagram. The next big information is that the best day to post on Instagram is. Yes, only finding the best time to post on Instagram is a half job done you will also have to find the best day to post so that you can maximize your engagement.
According to a different study on the best day to post on Instagram are Thursday and so the number of user engagement increase as the weekend starts. The best Instagram posting time starts at 5 AM, followed by an 11 AM slot and between 3 PM to 4 PM. But as per all the study was done to find the best time to post on Instagram the real one is between 2 to 3 PM.
Now you have the exact time when you will find most of the users on Instagram active and ready to like a post. But do you want to know why it is the best Instagram posting time? Well, it relies purely on user behaviors. Some are free to check their Instagram on weekends, while some regular users always have a look after lunch. There is a different behavior that segregates users into different time slots in different regions of the globe. So you can just mark down the timings and find which one suits you the best. Which day and what time is best for you to post on Instagram to get max engagement. This process is time-consuming but highly effective.
Why the time slot of 2 PM to 3 PM is considered the best time to post on Instagram and get high engagement compared to another time slot worldwide.
- Monday: Between 11 AM till 5 PM or late evening.
- Tuesday: Early morning at 5 AM and then between 9 AM to an evening at 6 PM.
- Wednesday: Early morning at 5 AM and then at 11 AM. Try out late afternoon 3 PM slot also.
- Thursday: Early morning at 5 AM and then between 11 AM. Check again between 3 to 4 PM.
- Friday: Early morning at 5 AM and then between 9 AM to an evening at 4 PM.
- Saturday: Around 11 AM.
- Sunday: Between 10 AM to an afternoon at 2 PM.
The Sprout Social Research
Everyone had heard about Sprout Social, a social media management tool that offers users and freedom to manage their social campaigns. According to research by the tool, we get a more clear view of the best Instagram posting time. We can understand clearly when and how your post can get more engagement and we will discuss in more detail here. Focusing on the user behavior it changes according to the stream of content. If you know the best time then you get more attention that indirectly increases the chances of getting higher engagement rates.
Sprout Social pulled out data of 25000 plus customers to analyze the best time to post on Instagram and other social media platforms. Sprout Social gives a nice insight into various timings to post on Instagram based on different types of industries, like health care, consumer goods, education, etc.
The research reveals that engagement ratio is high during the mid-day, and a mid-week and this window to get maximum attention. It is one of the best Instagram postings times. You can create a top-quality post but unable to get engagement the focus on the time. It will be a turning point towards your popularity. With over 1 Billion monthly active users, Instagram is massive and it will take a little smartness to reach your potential first before everyone does. So here is an increasing your followers count if you know when exactly to post then it is the best thing you can do right now. Here as per Sprout Social research, below are timings that can help you out to get the notable focus of users. But remember the timing changes according to industry, the below fits well for Retail brands.
- Best Time to post on Instagram – Wednesday at 11 AM & Friday between 10-11 AM.
- Best Day to post on Instagram – Wednesday.
- Day to get consistent Engagement – Between Tuesday and Friday around 10 AM to 3 PM.
- Lowest Engagement Time: Late Nights after 11 PM and early mornings before 3 AM.
The same thing changes for a different brand were consumer goods, media, education, etc. What matters is to experiment and to find which is the best suitable time for your post to perform well among various users. Once you are sure about the best Instagram posting time then you move forward with the best quality post. But remember this is just an overview, it is necessary to figure out which time suits you the best. Below are different timings based on the industry taken from Sprout Social Research to know more click the link or you can continue reading below.
Best Instagram posting time for Consumer Goods
- Best Time to post on Instagram – Wednesday at 3 PM.
- Best Day to post on Instagram – Monday to Friday between 11 AM to 5 PM.
- Day to get consistent Engagement – Saturday 10 PM.
- Lowest Engagement Time: Sunday and everyday between 11 PM to 3 AM.
Best Instagram posting time for Media
- Best Time to post on Instagram – Friday at 9 AM.
- Best Day to post on Instagram – Wednesday 8 AM to 4 PM.
- Day to get consistent Engagement – Thursday Night to Friday Morning.
- Lowest Engagement Time: Saturday & Sunday.
Best Instagram posting time for Education
- Best Time to post on Instagram – Friday at 10 AM.
- Best Day to post on Instagram – Wednesday to Saturday from 10 AM to 8 PM.
- Day to get consistent Engagement – Wednesday from 11 AM to 12 PM and 2 PM. Saturday at 6 PM and 8 PM.
- Lowest Engagement Time: Sunday & every day between 11 PM to 5 AM.
Best Instagram posting time for Non-Profit
- Best Time to post on Instagram – Wednesday at 2 PM.
- Best Day to post on Instagram – Monday to Friday from 10 AM to 4 PM.
- Day to get consistent Engagement – Monday between 2 to 3 PM. Saturday between 1 PM and 2 PM.
- Lowest Engagement Time: Sunday & every day between 11 PM to 5 AM.
Best Instagram posting time for Tech
- Best Time to post on Instagram – Wednesday at 6 AM and 9 AM.
- Best Day to post on Instagram – Wednesday between 10 t0 11 AM, Friday between 7 AM to 10 AM and Saturday between 7 AM to 11 AM.
- Day to get consistent Engagement – Tuesday at 10 PM. Wednesday and Friday morning.
- Lowest Engagement Time: Sunday.
Best Instagram posting time for Healthcare
- Best Time to Post on Instagram – Tuesday at 8 AM.
- Best Day to Post on Instagram – Tuesday from 7 AM to 4 PM.
- Lowest Engagement Time: Between 6 PM to 6 AM every day.
The following times will give you an overview of when and what is the best time to post on Instagram. Remember this is experimental, and it relies on what type of content you are posting for the targeted audience. So scan through the analytics to know which is the best time to get high engagement and push your content at that time. The timing changes for different social media platforms, but here we are focusing more on Instagram.
Content vs. Compelling Content
Know you a lot about the best time to post on Instagram, it is necessary to learn a bit about the content you are pushing in. Because it is also necessary that you focus more on Compelling Content instead of standard content. Compelling content performs the best in combination with the best time to post on Instagram. It will be your fruitful effort of getting a higher number of followers in less time. To make compelling content, you have to understand your audience well. And above all do not post the content at the wrong time, that is why we gave you so much information on the best time to post on Instagram.
Compelling content focus more on relevancy and interest of users, it will capture the user’s attention and feed data he/she is looking for. In return you get engagement, sometimes the content act as an image of our profile, so choose wisely what you are going to put. If it is a product, a video or any social content, try to make it compelling with meaning. Pick the best time to post on Instagram and let your content do the rest of the work. Let it flow among million users and if it does well you can boost it more running Instagram Ads. This where you can enter the world of paid marketing where results are guaranteed.
So do not waste your time only focusing on posting, focus on finding the best time to post on Instagram and develop compelling content only.